BRAMPTON: Mayor Linda Jeffrey, who earlier this month hosted over 25 senior industry and institutional leaders to make Brampton an innovation hub, has named members of the “Mayor’s Innovation Roundtable”.
The members will work collectively and advise the Mayor to turn Brampton as a key innovation hub on the Innovation Super Corridor.
Since taking office in December 2014, Mayor Jeffrey has focused efforts on proactively exploring and growing Brampton’s innovation agenda. Brampton City Council recently approved a new Strategic Plan which speaks to Brampton being a connected city that is innovative, inclusive and bold.
“With Ryerson University’s intention to expand their campus into Brampton and significant Provincial and Federal investments in Brampton infrastructure, now is the time to execute a vision that will leverage Brampton’s existing and untapped assets so the city continues to be a magnet for talent and a beacon for entrepreneurship”,
said Mayor Jeffrey.
“I have assembled a group of innovators, business leaders and senior decision makers to form the Mayor’s Innovation Roundtable to advise me on how best to position Brampton’s emerging innovation hub. It is time for Brampton to disrupt the status quo and move towards becoming a destination for the best and brightest. With the assistance of leading institutional and private sector leaders, I am being proactive in putting Brampton on the forefront of the global innovation movement.”
- The Mayor’s Innovation Roundtable members include:
- Todd Letts – Chief Executive Officer, Brampton Board of Trade
- Rajani Kamath – Director, Corporate Communications & Brand Marketing, Canon Canada
- Rick Huijbregts – VP, Digital Transformation and Innovation, Cisco Canada
- Kulvir Gill – Senior Principal, Clareo
- Karan Walia, Co-founder & CEO, Cluep
- Nick Galletto – Global Cyber Risk Services Leader, Deloitte
- Raj Krishnamoorthy – Partner, Deloitte
- Heather Strati, Partner, Assurance & Advisory, Deloitte Private
- Naseem Somani – President and CEO, Dynacare
- Hillary Marshall – VP, Stakeholder Relations and Communications, Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA)
- Harpreet Zingh – Co-Founder, LAB-B
- Cameron Ower – Chief Technology Officer, MDA Corporation
- Jason Vanderheyden- National Director, Access and Government Affairs, Medtronic
- Todd Bissett – Partner, Miller Thomson
- Prabmeet Sarkaria – Associate, Miller Thomson
- Safdar Abidi – Principal, Higher Education, Perkins + Will
- Mohamed Dhanani – Special Advisor to the President, Ryerson University
- John MacRitchie – Senior Director, Business Development and Strategic Planning, Ryerson University
- Dr. Linda Maxwell – Founding Biomedical Zone Director and Distinguished Visiting Professor, Ryerson University
- Dr. Ali Miri – Research Director, Privacy & Big Data Institute, Ryerson University
- Alvin Tedjo – Director, Government Relations, Sheridan
- Brian Jervis – Associate VP, Scholarship, Research, and Creative Activities, Sheridan
- Toby Lennox – Chief Executive Officer, Toronto Global
- Dr. Ron Heslegrave – Chief of Research, William Osler Health System
- Dr. Naveed Mohammad – VP, Medical Affairs, William Osler Health System
- Pavi Binning – Special Advisor, Wittington Investments Limited