Parvasi |Radio |Parvasi TV |Punjabi Newspaper |Youtube |Business Pages

2 Dead, 21 Fall Ill After Consuming “Prasad” At Jaipur Temple

JAIPUR: Two people from Rajasthan’s Banswara district died due to food poisoning and 21 others were taken ill after consuming ”prasad” at a temple in Madhya Pradesh, an official said on Monday.
Nearly 40-50 people of Danpur village in Banswara area had visited the temple in Sera village of the neighbouring state’s Ratlam district. They returned home after eating meat with ”dal baati’, a local cuisine, on Sunday, Deputy Chief Medical and Health Officer Ramesh Chandra Sharma said.

Later, a few of them complained of vomiting and diarrhoea. Bahadur, 30, died while undergoing treatment, whereas Asha, 25, passed away on the way to a hospital, the official said.

A total of 21 patients were being treated in different hospitals. Samples of the food have been sent for examination, the official said.

A case has been registered under Section 174 (unnatural death) of the Code of Criminal Procedure (CrPC). The bodies were handed over to the families after post-mortem, Danpur police station incharge Gajveer Singh said.

News Credit – NDTV

You might also like More from author

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.