Parvasi |Radio |Parvasi TV |Punjabi Newspaper |Youtube |Business Pages

Doug Ford suggests lockdown restriction may soon eased in Ontario

 Premier Doug Ford indicated in his recent statement that the lockdown restriction imposed in Ontario two weeks ago could be eased shortly. The restrictions were imposed to curb the cases of  COVID-19’s super-contagious Omicron variant. 

This statement came five days after the chief medical officer Dr. Kieran Moore said he “couldn’t guarantee” that restriction will ease down next Tuesday as earlier planned. Ford told CFRA radio in Ottawa on Tuesday that restaurants, bars, gyms, theatres and more will undergo changes and restrictions can be eased.

“We’ll have some positive news. I believe we’re going to make some announcements later this week about going back to other levels of restrictions,” Ford said.

However, no other specific details were told in the interview that also Moore as well. Moore also seems to be changing his mind, citing a slower rate of growth in Covid-19 cases in the province.  

“I’m starting to have much more hope,” said Moore in the interview. 

The weekly Moore news conference is scheduled for Thursday afternoon. Last week, he cautioned that restrictions would gradually be relaxed in 14-day increments to assess the impact on infection levels, which would mean it might take a few weeks for businesses to reopen fully.

 

You might also like More from author

Comments are closed.