Lisa Cosmetics

Woman dead after stabbing in Toronto subway, another injured

by The Canadian Parvasi

Centre Court Developments

A stabbing at the High Park subway station left a woman dead and another injured Thursday afternoon.

The police and the paramedics rushed to the subway station at about 2 pm after receiving a 911 call only to find two wounded women, according to the Toronto Police. The police had reportedly received the call about a man on the train armed with a knife.

Asserting that the man has been taken into custody, Duty Inspector Lori Kranenburg informed that while one of the women is still in the hospital, the other had been pronounced dead.

“It’s too early at this point in time in the investigation to know whether or not the parties were known to each other,” Kranenburg said.

“As part of the investigation, video will be reviewed and hopefully that will provide some clues as to what occurred. There were a number of witnesses present at the time. Some have stayed and provided statements to police, ” she continued, iterating that it was too early for the police to ascertain the cause of the stabbing.

The TTC, in a statement on Thursday, stated, “Safety of customers and employees is paramount to all that TTC does…The TTC moves hundreds of millions of customers every year without incident, but is constantly looking at ways to improve safety.”

TTC spokesperson Stuart Green, while speaking to media outlets, stressed, “We talk about safety being paramount to all that we do. And that’s our commitment to both our customers and our employees. So on days like today, we understand that people feel a little shaken”

Similar stories
1 of 1,871

“Our response is to put more staff out there to make sure that people have an extra sense of comfort today,” he continued.

Toronto Mayor, John Tory, took to Twitter to share a statement about the stabbing.

“Like all Torontonians, I was shocked to hear about the fatal stabbing at High Park station this afternoon. We can never accept acts of violence of this kind happening anywhere in our city. My thoughts are with the family and friends of the woman who has lost her life, ” the statement read.

As of the writing of this article, subway service has been suspended between Keele and Jane. Shuttle buses, however, are running in the region, according to the TTC.

You might also like More from author

Comments are closed.